What is my skin type? Many people don’t know the answer to this question. Your skin type can also change because of different circumstances (hormones, medication, stress, age, weather conditions, etc.). It is however important to adapt your skincare routine to your skin type.
MY SKINCARE ROUTINE
The best possible way to take care of normal skin is to follow the basics every skin type needs, including daily use of a cleanser, a toner, a day & night cream and a serum for some specific zones.
STEP 1: Cleanse
Cleansing is the most important step for any skin type. CÎME has provided two options:
- The gentle but efficient cleansing oil for face and eyes Recette de Pureté cleanses deeply and removes all make-up & impurities, while maintaining the skin’s moisture balance.
- Rosée de Roses is a very refreshing micellar water (and toner) based on rose floral water and rose extract. Thanks to small parts of coconut oil, all impurities will be well removed. Easy and fast!
STEP 2: Tone
After washing your face with an oil cleanser (or soap, etc.) you need to use a toner to close your pores and to repair the natural balance of the skin. You can also use Rosée de Roses as a toner.
STEP 3: Serum
Even though the normal skin type rarely experiences harsh skin problems, every now and then your skin can use an extra boost. CÎME's Kissed by a Rose serum nourishes and revitalises the skin, it stimulates natural cellular regeneration and helps to reduce fine lines and redness.
- Apply on wrinkles, the eye contour, pigment spots and even if you have dry or red spots in winter, Kissed by a Rose is the perfect solution.
- If your face needs just that little extra, you can mix a few drops of the serum with your day & night cream.
STEP 4: Day & night cream
To prevent you from early aging signs, it's super important to always protect your skin from the sun. Every CÎME day & night cream is provided with a natural solar protection factor of 15, which is enough for most days.
- Belle d’amour is the perfect day & night cream if you have normal skin. A nourishing antioxidant cream that makes your skin look smoother, fresher and healthier.
- But your skin may slightly change depending on the season. Therefore, there's a small chance in summer you will feel more comfortable with our lighter version Daisy Delight. The active ingredients contained in this cream attenuate skin imperfections and dark spots and render the skin both radiant and bright.
FAQ & TIPS
How do you recognize normal skin type?
Have you always wondered what skin type you have but you still have no clue? Congratulations, you are likely to have normal skin. The easiest en most wanted skintype. Normal skin hardly ever feels uncomfortable so you never really doubt about your skincare routine. But what are the main features of a normal skin?
- Small pores
- Smooth and comfortable
- Not really oily
Throughout the year, you never really suffer from oily skin. Only at the end of summer, your T zone may look and feel a bit greasier. This is negligible and your shiny forehead will be completely gone in no time. Because the amount of sebum in your skin is in balance, you rarely have breakouts. However, de production of sebum can be affected by hormonal fluctuations, like during your period.
- Not really dry
Just as your skin may be slightly olier in summer than throughout the rest of the year, your skin can also feel a lot drier during the winter months. The low temperatures, low humidity and icy wind reduces our natural lippids. And the dry air of central heating sucks all the moisture from our skin. It makes sense you need a ticker cream, right?
How to take care of normal skin?
Skincare is about taking care of your skin problems. But does that mean if you have normal skin you don't have to take care of your skin? No it doesn't, you now may have the perfect skin but don't you want to keep it that way for as long as possible? There are many factors such as sun exposure that will accelerate the aging process.
When your skin becomes drier or oilier during a certain period of time it's about bringing your skin back to normal as soon as possible by using the right skin care products.