07 January 19
Skincare Routine | Sensitive skin
What’s my skin type? Many people don’t know the answer to this question. Your skin type can also change because of different circumstances (hormones, medication, stress, age, weather conditions, etc.). However, it’s important to adapt your skincare routine to your skin type.
MY SKINCARE ROUTINE
A gentle cleanser is key when it comes to sensitive skin. Always use lukewarm water and products without alcohol. An oil cleanser like Recette de Pureté is very soft and removes all impurities and make-up without irritating the skin. It cleanses the skin deeply while maintaining the skin’s moisture balance.
To restore your skins pH level, after washing it with an oil cleanser, you tonify your skin with a tonic. For this step, you can use Rosée de Roses – a toner that seals the moisture into the skin. Especially with dry or sensitive skin, this step is too important to skip – your facial cream won’t be as able to do their job on a skin whose pH level is out of balance.
All the CÎME products are suitable for sensitive skin as they were developed to be truly effective whilst non-irritating for the skin. The perfect day & night cream for even the most sensitive skin is Belle d’amour. This nourishing antioxidant cream makes your skin look smoother, fresher and healthier. The formula combines precious mountain plants such as edelweiss, wild roses and aloe vera. Edelweiss, a powerful antioxidant, protects the skin against external stress whilst wild rose oil nourishes and regenerates the skin, helping prevent its premature aging. It’s super important to protect your skin daily from sun exposure. This way we’ll prevent early aging signs, such as wrinkles.
FAQ & TIPS
How do you recognize sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin refers to a range of conditions, from genetic ailments to severe allergies, such as rosacea and eczema. While many people can have a skin reaction to a certain product or ingredient, those with persistent issues are classified as having sensitive skin. Most people with sensitive skin have a dermatologist check their skin.
- Redness and a tendency toward blushing/skin flushing – those with truly sensitive skin have this reaction often.
- Prone to break-outs, bumps and rashes – frequent break-outs are a big sign of sensitivity, therefore it’s important to test new products on small areas before applying it to the whole face or body.
- Easily burned while exposed in the sun – those with sensitive skin need to be extra careful with sun exposure as they are prone to get burned easily.
- Dry and itchy patches – these patches often come from allergies and/or skin conditions.
What are the causes?
- Allergic skin conditions such as eczema, rosacea and psoriasis
- Extremely thin, injured and dry skin that can no longer protect nerve endings
- Excessive exposure to skin-damaging environmental factors such as extreme sun exposure or extreme cold weather
- Genetic factors
How to take care of sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, it’s important to treat your skin with extra care. Don’t use harsh products such as alcohol-based and artificially scented products. Go for gentle, hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested products instead. For example, wash your face no more than twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Look for calming ingredients in your skincare products (chamomile, edelweiss, aloe vera, …).